Certainly, you are here as you are among those who are looking for making Hash by themselves? I will not disappoint you.
Hashish or simply ‘Hash’, is the real ancestors of all weed concentrates. Nowadays, you have quite a handful of different varieties of cannabis concentrates like live resin, shatter, honeycomb, rosin, hash oil, Kief, etc.
But, do you know Hash has existed since humans evolved and noticed the green herbs and their effects. And still, Hash is loved by the world’s Cannabis Community.
Here I would like you to know that hash making is complex and usually messy!
Yet, there are various ways by which you can make hash by yourself. We will cover those but before that, you must know the difference between ‘Hash’ and ‘Kief’.
These are the basics of hash making. And, Dear friend, without knowing them how can you get your hash?
- 1 What is Hash? What is the difference between Hash and Kief?
- 2 Best Methods to Make Hash at Home
- 2.1 Solventless Methods to Make Hashish
- 2.2 #1 Finger Hash: Traditional Way of Hash making
- 2.3 #2 Bubble Hash or Dry Ice Hash: Pure Hash making process
- 2.4 #3 Scissor Hash: Easy way to get hash from Plant material
- 2.5 #5 Hot Water Bottle Method:
- 2.6 #6 Hand Rolled Hash: Easy Hash Making
- 2.7 #7 Blender Method:
- 2.8 #8 Rosin press:
- 2.9 Solvent- based Methods to Make Hashish
- 3 Drying Hash:
- 4 Final Words:
What is Hash? What is the difference between Hash and Kief?
Hash or Hashish:
Have you ever noticed the sticky resin glands on your bud that is over any cannabis plant?
These resin gland-like structures are called trichomes. And, when these trichomes are pressurized or heated by various methods, they will turn into a brick-like structure of cannabis concentrate-that is Hash or Hashish.
Hash is a cannabis concentrate loved by all!
If you are thinking that why trichomes are important? Then let me tell you these sticky resin contain potent THC, CBD, terpenes are present in these.
on the other hand, Kief is nothing but the dried trichomes.
These are excellent affordable concentrates and can be further refined to make more concentrates like Hash.
Now I think you get the difference between the two.
Why Concentrates are so much in Demand?
Well, That’s true that all cannabis concentrates are soaring high. This is because smoking just a small part of these will give you an incredible amount of high.
Usually what happens is that when we take in terms of regular weed, we can just have 25% of the THC present in that marijuana plant.
Whereas, in the form of concentrates the THC yield intake goes up to 70%-80%. Thus you get a great high.
And, who doesn’t want to get the best possible high?
Best Methods to Make Hash at Home
Making hash is a good option to get your type of potent concentrate like Hash. You can choose the desired potency in a very affordable manner.
Let’s understand what are the distinct ways to prepare Hash yourself at home-
You know something! Hash production involves two types- Solvent-based methods and Solventless based methods.
Solvent-based mechanisms use Butane, Propane, CO2, Rick Simpson oil to extract kief from the cannabis plant trichomes by various methods
Whereas Solvent-based methods don’t include any solvent in getting the terpenes and cannabinoids from cannabis trichomes.
We are going to discuss both types under the following not so easy but not very difficult methods so that you can make hash.
- Bubble hash making
- Finger Hash
- Scissor Hash
- Dry Sift hash
- Hot water bottle
- Hand-rolled Hash
- Blender method
- Rosin Press
So, why wait for more! Let’s unveil!
Solventless Methods to Make Hashish
#1 Finger Hash: Traditional Way of Hash making
Finger Hash is the most conventional method to yield a traditional hash. It is even said to be the original method for hash production.
Definitely, a simple yet very long-lasting wearisome method to extract the hash.
You will need:
- Just You
- Cannabis Plant
In this method, you need to rub the cannabis buds between your fingers. Surprisingly, after some time you will notice that the sticky resin or trichomes are getting collected between your fingers. They actually transferred to your skin because of the heat generated while rubbing them.
Then after getting the resin, you need to scrap them and turn the resin into any shape like a ball, brick or even worm.
After you get your Hash, just vape it or smoke it or even cook! The main purpose is to enjoy.!
- Quite simple and traditional
- you don’t need anything to make hash just you and the cannabis
- minimal method to get hash
- can be done anytime, anywhere
- Hash yielded may be less potent.
- Very time-consuming or wastage of time.
- Quite messy.
- Doesn’t give you much high
#2 Bubble Hash or Dry Ice Hash: Pure Hash making process
This is one of the oldest solventless methods to get the pure hash. This method has been in use since 1980, but it gained popularity in later years.
Interestingly, it is named bubble hash due to it gets bubbled while smoking.
You will require:
- A big Gallon (at least 5-gallon bucket)
- Large wooden spoon
- Waste trimmings, buds and other parts of cannabis plants
- Dry ice( in huge amounts)
- Bubble bags(ice water hash bags, bold bags)
- Purified water to avoid contaminated tap water
Note: Dry Ice is the cooler version of the regular ice. It is actually 5-6 times cooler. Dry Ice method is a very popular way of making hash at home.
First, before using cannabis, it is highly recommended to freeze the buds, leaves or trimmings. All the plant matter should be pre-frozen to get the excellent hash.
The following steps to be done-
- First, cover the gallon with the bubble bag inside out.
- Fill the gallon with ice water in a 2: 1 ratio.
- Now put all the plant matter inside the gallon.
- Now, you need to stir it rigorously for around 25-30 minutes.
- You will see that hash is getting collected at the bottom of the gallon.
- Shake the gallon and carefully drain out the plant matter and the water.
- You need to repeat the process of using a bubble bag with smaller mesh size screens to get the finest hash.
- Then, Dry the hash after putting it on butter or parchment paper.
An alternate method of Bubble Hash by using Coffee Filter:
One more method to get the bubble hash is by using the Coffee filter. Though not the best method yet it is good to start with.
You will require-
- A large glass jar
- A coffee Filter
- Plant Material
- First, put all plant matter into the jar and mix it with water and ice.
- Shake the jar for 3-5 minutes.
- Keep the jar at rest for 15-20 min.
- Remove the waste plant matter.
- A small amount of kief or hash will be sitting at the bottom.
- Let the remaining liquid set for half an hour.
- Then put the jar in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the excess water using a coffee filter.
- The settled is your hash.
- Take it out Carefully and dry then mould it to any shape.
- You will get the finest solventless hash.
- Easy to get materials
- Top-quality full melt ice water hash in an affordable way.
- Time taking.
- Although Setup is easy yet complicated.
#3 Scissor Hash: Easy way to get hash from Plant material
If you want a minimalist and easy method to obtain hash- Scissor Hash is what you will like most.
Making hash from scissors needs no technical expertise. It is an easy and effective way to get excellent hash with the plant material.
It is again a solventless method.
You will require:
- A garden Scissors
- A blade
- Parchment paper
- Just trim your cannabis flower, plants and other plant matter.
- You will notice that the resin glands or trichomes get stick to the scissors.
- Collect them carefully using a blade
- Collect on the parchment paper.
- Mould it to get any shape.
- Enjoy it!
Isn’t it easy? What do you say?
- High-quality Hash with excellent potency THC level.
- Not very time-consuming.
- Less quantity of hash is obtained.
#4 Dry Sift Hash: The best way to get Hash from Cannabis Plant
Again a great and easy traditional method to get the great hash. As the name suggests, Dry sift hash uses dry sifting boxes.
But, you can even get the dry sift hash without using dry sifting boxes. You can just use the silk screen on the flat surface. Thus it is also called Flat Screening too.
Needless to mention, it is also a very effective solventless method.
You will require:
- Flat Surface or Dry sifting boxes
- Plastic Cards- credit card or any plastic card or coin
- Silk Screen
- Place a screen or any card over the surface or dry sift box.
- Now gently spread your frozen plant material over the card or screen or box.
- Now, you can use your hands to rotate the material over the screen in a circular motion. Just apply a minimal pressure
- You will notice very fine powder is getting collected on the surface as they are getting fall from the screen.
- You may need a Plastic card or coin to crush the plant material or to move it backward or forward.
- The collected material is in the form of fine powder and the finest ‘kief’
- This is your desired Hash.
- Continue the process till you get as much kief as you want.
Dry sift boxes have fine holes or fine mesh that will help you in getting your high-quality kief.
- Very Easy.
- requires minimum things that are too easily available at home.
- Difficult when you have a lot of cannabis to refine.
#5 Hot Water Bottle Method:
This is again a great way of getting your own hash. You will get your final product within few minutes.
You will require:
- Parchment paper
- An empty wine bottle
- Frozen cannabis material
- Hot water
- First, put your plant material on the parchment paper.
- Then fold it in half.
- Bring the water to a boil and pour it into the wine bottle.
- Now without putting too much pressure on the cannabis, simply place your hot wine bottle over them.
- A few minutes later, trichomes get extracted through the heat of the bottle.
- Please note too much pressure would result in darkening the hash.
- You will notice the resin to sick on the sheet.
- Slowly, by using the extraction technique, try getting our hash and mould it into any shape.
- Hash gained so is extremely potent.
- Timeless method
Excessive pressure or heat may ruin your taste of cannabis
Alternate methods that include the same procedure are the hair straightener method and hand rolled method.
#6 Hand Rolled Hash: Easy Hash Making
Surprisingly, we follow the same process in the hand rolling method. The difference between the two is that in Hand Rolling body heat is used instead of bottled heat. The hand-rolled Hash is also a great way of making Hashish at your home.
- minimal requirement
Of course, It is a sticky and messy one.
#7 Blender Method:
Apart from these solventless methods, we can use a blender to get the hash.
you will require:
- cannabis material like buds, male plants, leaves etc
- Dry Ice
- Sieve or coffee filter
- Put all the material with ice cubes in a blender.
- Now give a smooth blend
- gently stir the mixture.
- hash to be settled at the bottom
- let it sit for 15-20 minutes
- Sieve to wash away the excess liquid
- dry the hash on a parchment sheet
#8 Rosin press:
in this method, take a parchment sheet and place your live rosin of cannabis on it. Fold the paper and gently press the live rosin on flowers.
The concentrate will get separated and you will gain a good quality hash.
- Require physical pressure only
Solvent- based Methods to Make Hashish
Till now, we have seen the methods that don’t require solvents to make hash. Contrary,there are various Solvent based methods used for making hash at home.
Solvents may include:
- Oils like rick Simpson and others
Undoubtedly, you will get extremely potent hash using solvent-based methods. Yet there are many pros and cons related to using them.
Co2 is easy to get as it is present in the air.
It is a great solvent that dissolves THC and others inside
But, it can be used when it is in liquid form. And, to convert into liquid is expensive. Thus is less favoured.
Easy to get.
It is used to most of the time.
- Easily available
- great quality hash
Prone to explosion
Used as a secondary solvent in the hash making.
- Easy to get
need to add another solvent too.
Hexane and Ether:
Both are used in the pharmaceuticals and the food industry to make hash.
- Good solvents
- make hashish good for pain relief and great quality
- Ether is highly explosive at low pressure.
Drying hash is also a very important step.
You can dry your hash carefully using a hot plate, hair drier, pollen press methods etc. Your extra water or liquid will be separated and you will get your dry and tasty hash.
Hopefully, you liked the ways of making hash at home. If you are a cannabis lover you must try to make hash at home.
Certainly, homegrown cannabis plants are special and so the hash is.
Here, with so minimal requirements you can get hash of our choice. Cannabis users have shown their love of homemade hash.
You can use male cannabis plants too to get your hash. No need to throw them. Definitely, their yield is not like the feminized ones yet these are effective too.
Next time when you get your best strains like OG kush, Granddaddy purple and many other strains. Try making your own hash using these methods.
Surely, Consume hash that is self-made would be mightier.
Relish your self-made tasty hash anytime, anywhere!